Controlling Anger: How to do it Right
Anger is good in balancing emotion but it can become destructive; can cause break-ups in relationships, and eliminate trust if it is not given early intervention. To avoid its negative effects in your life, controlling anger is one of the must that you should do when you are angered. Here are some tips to help you control your anger. These seem simple and easy but it will take effort and determination to have control of your anger.
- Think first before reacting. Do not act on sudden impulses caused by your anger or else, you will regret it later when you will realize what you have done.
- Take a deep breath. Sometimes, when anger gets the most of your senses, you will feel adrenaline rush that will make you hurt someone or destroy something. Calming your nerves is a great help.
- Walk away from anyone/anything that triggered your anger. Confrontation when you are angry often increases the problem instead of solving it. Before you can do this, identify first what caused your anger.
- Learn to say “Relax” or “All is well.” Saying this to yourself together with a good breathing will help you calm and clear your mind which will help you act rationally.
- Redirect your thoughts. Thinking of something positive will help you minimize your anger because the thought of that “good” thing can coat the bad impact of that “bad” thing.
- If you have to release your adrenaline, you can punch a wall until you calm down but never use a human punching bag. Running fast can also release your anger.
These are just some of the many things that you can do when it comes to controlling anger. What is important is that you are determined to control that anger before it will consume.
2017. All Rights Reserved.